Get a Quote

Catering Van Insurance

Are you a mobile caterer in need of van insurance? This is something that iRevolution Connect can help you with. Just acquiring standard van insurance won’t cut it as you will need an insurance policy which specifically covers your catering business from everyday trading risks. Not only is this a legal requirement, but your business is your livelihood so you should want to make sure it is protected.

If you do drive a van for catering you are going to want to make sure that all the fixtures and fittings are covered as well as the vehicle itself. These fixtures and fittings could consist of various different things, for example if you own a burger van you will need cover for your grills and hobs, or if you own an ice cream van you will want to make sure your fridge and freezers are covered. There is a wide range of different mobile catering businesses, and iRevolution Connect can help find the right cover for you.

Mobile catering

There are many different types of vehicles used in mobile catering, from food trucks, food trailers and carts, vans and even bustaurants, which are quirky buses with a kitchen and restaurant inside. Whatever type of food you serve, and whatever type of vehicle is used, you will need to be insured correctly.

What kind of catering vans can I insure?

From coffee vans, to ice cream vans, burger vans and thai. Not only vans, some of our providers can help find food trailer insurance.

Levels of cover

While there are many differences between catering van insurance and standard van insurance, one thing that is the same is the levels of cover available;


This is the highest level of cover you can get for catering van insurance. You will be covered for injury to yourself or damage to your vehicle, even if it was a fault accident. You will also be covered against third party risks, and fire or theft to your vehicle.

Third party, fire and theft

This gives you third party cover as well as insuring you against fire damage and theft or your vehicle. There may be a greater fire risk to the vehicle if it is installed with cooking equipment.

Third party only

This is legally the minimum level of cover you need to be able to drive your catering vehicle on the road. You will be covered for any damage you may cause to a third party, their vehicle or their property. It may surprise you that third party only is not always the cheapest level of cover, so it is always worth checking prices for all three levels. What’s more, if you are working at events, some companies may require you to have a higher level of cover for your catering van.

Insured Ice Cream Catering Van

Your catering insurance may include

  • Employers liability
  • Public product liability
  • Mobile catering van cover
  • Fire cover
  • Replacement vehicle
  • Towing insurance
  • Business interruption
  • Loss of stock insurance, which included frozen foods.
  • Legal insurance
  • Personal accident.