Get a Quote

Residential Landlord Insurance

iRevolution Connect can help you compare prices for Residential Landlord Insurance. We can help find you cover for any buildings or contents that are being let to residential tenants. We can help you find residential landlord insurance that includes property owners liability, which protects landlords against claims made against them in regards to their legal liability for any personal injury or property damage caused to a third party which arises from the landlord’s ownership of the property.

What does Residential Landlord Insurance cover?

iRevolution Connect can help find you a broker which covers;

  • Rent protection - This means you will be covered financially should your tenants be unable to pay the rent. This is usually covered between 6 and 12 months.
  • Landlord Buildings Insurance - Your property will be covered against damage caused by a range of different risks, including fire, flooding and theft.
  • Landlord Contents Insurance - This cover is important if the property you let out to tenants has been furnished by yourself, meaning you have supplied any furniture and appliances. These contents will be covered against damage and theft.
  • Malicious damage - You will be covered against any damage caused by your tenants or their guests to your property.
  • Temporary accommodation cover - You will be covered up to a certain amount if your tenants have to live in temporary accommodation while your property is uninhabitable.
  • Keys and locks cover - You will be covered for the cost of replacing keys and locks to an external door on your property, following the loss of theft of the tenants keys.
  • Trace and access - This means you will be covered against the cost of finding the source of a leak.
  • Underground drains, pipes and cables - If you are legally responsible for any underground drains, pipes and cables then you will be covered against any accidental damage.

How much does residential landlord insurance cost?

Of course there is no set price for residential landlord insurance, but iRevolution Connect can help you find a policy which is priced fairly and suited to your needs. The price of these types of policies will be based on many different factors, including but not limited to;

  • Your claims history
  • The type of property
  • The properties age
  • If the property is prone to flooding or subsidence
  • Any security measures you have in place

Contents Cover

You can get contents covered as part of your residential landlords insurance. This means you will be covered against the cost of replacing any of your furniture or appliances if they are damaged or stolen.

There are a couple of different ways you can insure your contents;

  • Replacement as new - Your damaged or stolen item will be replaced with a brand new one.
  • Indemnity Policy - An indemnity policy will take wear and tear into account when replacing your stock. If your items have lost value then the insurer will pay out the lower figure in the event of a claim.
insured residential property

Do I need residential landlords insurance?

Being a landlord can be a full time job for many, it could well be your livelihood. While it may not be a legal requirement to purchase residential landlords insurance, having it in place will provide you with peace of mind. You can be sure that your property and your finances are protected, and you won't be left with nothing if the worst should happen, whether that be your property being damaged, or your tenants not being able to pay rent.

However, if you employ anyone then employers liability insurance is a legal requirement.

What properties does residential landlords insurance cover?

iRevolution Connect can help find you cover for many different types of properties, including;

Multi-property landlords insurance

It is also possible for you to insure all of your properties under one policy. There is essentially no difference between this and standard residential landlords insurance, except for the simple fact that there will be multiple properties on the same policy.

With this type of policy you can update it throughout the year, adding or removing properties as your portfolio changes.

As well as a multi-property policy causing you less stress and wasted time, with everything being under one policy and all your properties having the same renewal date, it is also possible that putting them together like this could save you money. It is always worth checking if this is the case.

landlord insurance

Why use iRevolution Connect?

Here at iRevolution Connect we have access to a wide range of specialised brokers and insurers, and we will only match you with one that would be able to provide you with a policy that is suited to your circumstances.

All of the insurance providers we have access to are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and adhere to strict regulations regarding the insurances they can sell. As well as this our insurers and brokers are knowledgeable and experienced in the residential landlords market, giving you confidence they are the right people for the job.

Let iRevolution Connect do the hard work for you by matching you with a suitable insurance provider, potentially saving you time and money.

Residential Landlord Insurance |
Product Lowest Price Highest Price Customer Rating
Residential Landlord Insurance | £2352 £35395.1 4.54 / 5

Pricing claim generated from smallest and largest base premiums of policies sold from 1st January 2018 to 31st December 2019 from one of our partners.

Customer product rating is based on 20 reviews from a range of 1 to 5, where 5 being the best.